I was born in Madrid and trained here at the University Autonoma of Madrid (Medical studies), La Paz University Hospital (Pediatric Surgical Residency).
Fellow at three foreign hospitals: Metropolitan General Hospital (Cleveland, OH USA) 6 months in 1989 and 1990, Toronto Children’s Hospital (Toronto, Canada) 3 months in 1990, Motol Hospital (Prague, Check republic) 1 month in 1991.
Attending surgeon in Madrid in 3 Pediatric Hospitals: Children’s Hospital Niño Jesús (1990-1995), and University General Hospital Gregorio Marañón (Children’s Hospital) (1999 to 2004).
Chief of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospitals Virgen del Rocío, Seville (2004 to 2013), and currently Chief of Pediatric Surgery at the University General Hospital Gregorio Marañón (Children’s Hospital) (from 2013 up to now).
Current titles: MD, PhD, FEBPS.
• Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (University Complutense of Madrid)
• President of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Surgery
• Executive Board member of the UEMS (Pediatric Surgery Section)
• Coordinator of all pediatric surgical specialties at my hospital
Member of these academic and scientific Associations:
a. Spanish Society of Pediatric Surgery (SECP)
b. British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS)
c. Spanish Society of hydatidology.
d. Pediatric Society of Madrid & Castilla La Mancha.
e. Interamerican College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, EEUU.
f. Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC)
g. Spanich Society of Pediatrics of Andalucía Occidental & Extremadura (SPAOYEX).
h. European Society of Pediatric Surgery (EUPSA). Past Education Office Board.
i. European Society of Endoscopic Pediatric Surgeons (ESPES). Past Executive Board.
j. Spanish Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery (SECLA) Executive Board.
k. Andalucian Society of Paediatric Surgery (ACPA), Past President.
1. 140 indexed medical articles
2. 36 chapters in profesional books
3. 74 invited lecturers
4. Author and coauthor in 250 presentations in Congresses.
5. Principal investigator in 2 Randomised controlled trials.
6. Colaborator in 10 different research projects.
7. Research Group Director (CTS100) in Andalucia, Spain from 2011-2013
Special areas of interest: Gastroesophageal reflux, Neonatal surgery, Thoracic surgery, Minimal invasive surgery (in recent years in the área of cardiothoracic Minimal invasive surgery)